Since it’s been over a year since the last time I posted this, I had to go back and look to see what I had written.
1. Although I am 5’6” and my husband is only a few inches taller, our son is 6’4”. I apparently eat well when I’m pregnant. 🙂
2. Not counting my “radiation dots” (markers so they can line you up for radiation treatments), I have 4 tattoos.
3. I got my first tattoo at age 18, and my most recent one this past December.
4. I am an avid reader, my favorite author is Christine Feehan.
5. I have worn a lymphedema sleeve and glove since 2008.
6. I am currently working on the training plan for the shooting team that I coach. I’m not sure that the kids enjoy the articles, but with testing I’m making sure that they’re at least retaining something.
7. I make a bacon – wrapped turkey for Thanksgiving. Then I use the drippings to make homemade gravy. After dinner is done and the carcass is picked over, I make my own turkey bone broth.
8. I’m learning to cook. Still better with things in the crockpot (soups, stews, chili) and the oven (baked chicken, ziti, cakes and pies), but my stovetop skills are certainly improving.
9. Turquoise is my favorite color.
10. I have 7 different pairs of Vibram 5-finger shoes. Everyone calls them my “toe shoes”. I’ll wear them as long as the weather/ground is dry and the temperature is above 40F.
11. I have a nice shaped head – I’ve been bald during a couple different chemotherapies.
12. I enjoy reading medical journals (a habit I picked up in the US Navy).
13. Even though I’m currently unemployable, my dream job would be to work in a research lab to see how the different cancers grow and see if / where they share a mutual susceptibility to a treatment.
14. I enjoy taking pictures as we travel and making scrapbooks when we get home.
15. I like a fruit / protein smoothie, especially in the fall and winter. It reminds me of summertime!
Thank you to Nancy’s Point for sharing her challenge.