This blog is in response to a challenge posted by Nancy’s Point. One of the folks she follows posted random facts about herself, so Nancy has challenged the folks who followed her blog to post as well. Surprisingly, this took longer to write than some of my other blogs, mainly because I keep changing out the facts!
1. I’m the oldest of three children in my family, and the only daughter. Any wonder why I’m “type A”? I also live the farthest from where I grew up – 1200+ miles.
2. I spent 14 years in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman (medic) and I moved to: Orlando FL, Great Lakes IL, Bethesda MD, Charleston SC, Millington TN, Guam, and back to Millington TN where I got out of the Navy as an E-6 and still live in the area today.
3. My husband and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage later this year. We decided we would be stubborn enough to not give up, and to be willing to fight WITH and FOR each other.
4. I played (carried) the bass drum for marching band in high school.
5. I earned a first degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
6. I owned a 100th Anniversary Edition 2003 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic, and still have my motorcycle license.
7. I’m learning to drive our current “toy”, a 40-ft Tiffin Allegro Bus. However, my husband does 99% of the driving on our trips.
8. I know how to drive a manual transmission vehicle ie stick shift. I’ve driven everything from “three on the tree” to a 5-speed sports car.
9. I hate to cook, but love to bake. My favorite things to bake are chocolate chip cookies and lemon meringue pie.
10. I coach a high school trapshooting team, and have for the past several years.
11. I hate raw tomatoes but love everything they make: tomato sauce, ketchup, tomato soup, V-8 juice, canned tomatoes, jarred salsa.
12. I’m a natural blonde.
13. I LOVE MINIONS! They make me happy! I own both Despicable Me movies and have gone to McDonalds just to buy Happy Meal minion toys.
14. I put local honey in my coffee and tea.
15. I’ve only had 5 jobs covering 30 years of employment. Two of those were at the same time.
I hope you’ve learned something about me you didn’t know, and I’d love to learn more about you. If you don’t have your own blog, please leave me a couple random facts about you in the comments below.
Enjoy your summer!